Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- This article is a generic description of Namco's "Galaga" hardware. For the specific arcade game, see Galaga.
Namco Galaga specifications[edit | edit source]
- Main, graphics and sound CPU : three Z80 processors
- Sound Chip : Use the same custom 3 channel WSG (waveform sound generator) as Pac-Man.
- Other Chips : Custom I/O controller (type 1) which handles the controls. Bosconian also has a second I/O controller (type 1) which handles the speech.
- Video resolution : 288x224
- Notes : Each game uses a different video board (except Xevious and Super Xevious which are the same)
List of Namco Galaga arcade games[edit | edit source]
- Galaga (1981) - sequel to Galaxian
- Bosconian (1981) - the first game to have a continue feature
- Dig Dug (1982)
- Xevious (1982)
- Super Xevious (1984)