Gift and jewel boxes of the game
|[[Nival Interactive]][[Category:Nival Interactive]]|
|[[CDV Software Entertainment (North America)]][[Category:CDV Software Entertainment (North America)]]|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Night Watch (Russian: Ночной дозор) is a tactical role-playing game developed by Russian developer Nival Interactive, and based on the Russian novel and the film of the same name. It features a group of Light Others trying to combat the schemes of Day Watch.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Stas — the main character from the story. He became the Light Other in the beginning of the story. He has a short temper and a gung ho attitude. Has a tendency to make wisecracks in tense situations. If the player chooses the shapeshifter class, Stas shifts into a dog.
- Vera — a recently recruited member of Night Watch. She was initiated by Geser (the leader of the Night Watch in the novels). Tends to act as a voice of reason of the group. She turns into a panther (if shapeshifter).
- Yurik — a goodhearted, but somewhat naive member of Night Watch. He was ambushed by Light Others, only to be rescued by Stas. Comes with a 'magical' credit card, which can be used in a near bank, within the same level, for some advanced equipment. If shapeshifter, changes into a wolf.
- Anna — a recently recruited member of Day Watch. Stas was supposed to kill her as part of his initiation. She does not become a playable character until the middle of the game, when she teams up with Stas to stop Zavulon's scheme.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Over the course of the game, it was revealed that both Day Watch and Night Watch found a way to change the potential Others' affiliation via electronic transmitters. Stas was one of its first test subjects, as he was originally supposed to be a Dark Other. Zavulon was planning to take advantage of the spell by converting all the potential Others in Russia into Dark Others.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|Lists of miscellaneous information should be avoided. Please relocate any relevant information into appropriate sections or articles. (April 2010)|
- One of the running jokes of the game was the cell phones seldom worked properly. This was a tongue-in-the-cheek reference to the infamous cell phone advertising campaign in the Night Watch movie.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ocampo, Jason (April 13, 2006). Night Watch Exclusive Hands-On - Combat, Classes, and Turning a Hit Russian Movie Into a Game. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2007-11-26
- Thompson, Mike (June 22, 2006). Night Watch. Game Helper Magazine. Retrieved on 2007-11-26
- Gamers Gate launch worldwide download premiere: Day Watch. GameZone (May 16, 2007). Retrieved on 2008-07-18
[edit | edit source]
- Official English site of the game
- Official Russian site of the game
- Video review of the game from X-Play
- Night Watch (video game) at the Internet Movie Database
- Game Walk-through (Russian only)
|This Tactical role-playing video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|