Ninja Master's -Haoh-Ninpo-Cho-
|Ninja Master's -Haoh-Ninpo-Cho-|
|[[Raster, 320 x 224 pixels (Horizontal), 4096 colors]]|
|8-way joystick, 4 buttons|
|Arcade, Neo Geo, Neo-Geo CD and PlayStation 2|
|1-2 players simultaneously|
|Japanese Release Date(s)|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Ninja Master's -Haoh-Ninpo-Cho- (ニンジャマスターズ ～覇王忍法帳～ Ninja Masutāzu Haō Ninpō Chō , roughly translated as "Ninja Master's Scrolls of the Supreme Ninja Arts") is a ninja-themed competitive fighting game produced by ADK originally released in 1996 for the Neo Geo arcade and home platform.
Ninja Master's was the sixth and final fighting game produced by ADK, following the four games in the World Heroes series and Aggressors of Dark Kombat. It was later featured in the 2008 compilation ADK Tamashii for the PlayStation 2.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Ninja Masters follows the conventions of many previous 2D fighting games released for the Neo-Geo. The player must defeat their opponent in combat in a series of best-two-out-of-three matches. Characters can change between using the character's weapon or fight hand-to-hand during the middle of combat. Like The King of Fighters series, Ninja Master's features a super meter.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Houoh (voiced by Yoshikatsu Fujio) - a skilled exorcist who is unsure of his own powers.
- Goemon (voiced by Tomonari Sakiyama) - a ninja thief whose goal is to collect the largest treasures in Japan.
- Kamui (voiced by Masahiko Yano) - the rival to Sasuke. An old acquaintance of Sasuke's, Kamui hopes to destroy him after Sasuke has forsaken the clan.
- Karasu (voiced by Koichi Kiba) - a serial killer and bodyguard who is obsessed with ravens (Karasu means "Raven" in Japanese).
- Kasumi (voiced by Masami Katō) - a ninja apprentice whose grandmother prevents her from going after Nobunaga.
- Natsume (voiced by Mayumi Minoda) - an orphan who, after having a nightmare, strives to kill Nobunaga.
- Nobunaga (voiced by Masao Harada) - the final boss of the game. A tyrant brainwashed by the demon known as Haoh, Nobunaga sets out to conquer the world.
- Raiga (voiced by Masahiro Yano) - a renowned bounty hunter whose mission is to defeat Goemon.
- Ranmaru (voiced by Yasue Ishi) - the sub-boss of the game. An immortal and loyal servant to Nobunaga, Ranmaru attempts to vanquish Haoh, who possesses Nobunaga.
- Sasuke (voiced by Yo Ōsono) - the main character of the game. A ninja expert and betrayer of his own ninja clan who seeks to avenge his father's death.
- Tenho (voiced by Shinobu Sekimoto) - an old Japanese man who was abandoned in Korea at birth.
- Unzen (voiced by Masahiko Yano) - a former monk in search of the best aspect of life.
Like various ADK games, SNK Playmore also revived characters from this game in their last releases. In this case, Sasuke (the main character of this game) appears as an SNK character card in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS.
[edit | edit source]
- Ninja Master's at GameFAQs
- Ninja Master's -Haoh-Ninpo-Cho- at Museum of the Game
- Ninja Master's Review at NeoGeo.com - Review 2