Nintendo Software Technology
|Nintendo Software Technology|
No. of Employees
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation (NST) is an American-based First party game developer for the Japanese video game corporation Nintendo. NST was created to specifically create games for Nintendo consoles for the North American market. Although Claude Comair (co-founder of DigiPen) was co-founder of NST, he retired from his post as chairman at the end of 2006. NST is currently headed by Shigeki Yamashiro. Their first game, Bionic Commando Elite Forces, was released for the Game Boy Color in 1999 and was a sequel of Capcom's Bionic Commando. DigiPen's Main Campus was based in the same building as theirs until 2010.
Games developed[edit | edit source]
NST has developed many games for Nintendo consoles:
- Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, Game Boy Color
- Crystalis, Game Boy Color
- Ridge Racer 64, Nintendo 64
- Pokémon Puzzle League, Nintendo 64
- Wave Race: Blue Storm, Nintendo GameCube
- Nintendo Puzzle Collection, Nintendo GameCube
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest, Nintendo GameCube
- The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, Nintendo GameCube
- 1080° Avalanche, Nintendo GameCube
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Game Boy Advance
- Ridge Racer DS, Nintendo DS
- Metroid Prime Hunters, Nintendo DS
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, Nintendo DS
- Sin and Punishment, Virtual Console Translation
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo Wii (Masterpiece Mode)
- Crosswords DS, Nintendo DS
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again, DSiWare
- Mario Clock and Calculator, DSiWare
- Animal Crossing Clock and Calculator, DSiWare
- Aura-Aura Climber, DSiWare
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem, Nintendo DS
- Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
- Wii Crush
References[edit | edit source]
- Nintendo World Report company profile. Retrieved Oct. 30, 2008.
- PALGN company information. Retrieved Feb. 9, 2005.
- N-Sider personnel view. Retrieved Feb. 9, 2005.
- N-Sider. Retrieved May 9, 2005.
[edit | edit source]
- Nintendo official website.
- A group interview with NST about 1080º Avalanche
- Two-part interview with Shigeki Yamashiro, producer of 1080º Avalanche, and Vivek Melwani, lead game designer and director
- IGN profile