|Game Series||Dynasty Warriors series|
Warriors Orochi series
|First Appearance||Dynasty Warriors 3|
|Height:||168 cm (5'6")|
|Dis-Likes:||Da Ji, Orochi|
|Family:||Husband, Fu Xi|
|Fighting Style:||Nuwa's Rapier Style|
Swift Rapier(2nd weapon)
Celestial Blade(3rd weapon)
Nu Wa's Rapier(4th weapon)
|Voice Actor(s):||Michelle Ruff(ENG)|
|Notes:||Nu Wa's attack was fast but weak.|
Nu Wa is a playable bonus character in Dynasty Warriors 3. She is based on a Serpent Goddess in Chinese mythology who was the sister and wife of Fu Xi, as well as the first empress of China. Like Fu Xi, she is only available in Free Mode during her debut. Using her Warriors Orochi attire, she appears as an optional character in Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce 2 and can only be played when players have accumulated enough Community Points for her.
In the Dynasty Warriors series, she is 18 years old and her height is 161 cm (a little over 5'3"). Her height in the Warriors Orochi series is 168 cm (5'6").
Role in Games[edit | edit source]
In Orochi's scenario, Nu Wa first appears in the world with Fu Xi and Taigong Wang to stop Orochi. With other mystics, she acts as one of the army's secondary leaders. In the end, the trio are defeated and forced to recuperate.
During the main story in Warriors Orochi 2, she has already made herself an honored member of Wei's forces. Whilst in their ranks, she tests Cao Cao's leadership and worries about his growing ambition. Her concerns are put to rest once she realizes that he is more human than she previously thought. She entrusts the fate of the land into humanity's hands.
She has an additional dream stage with her mystic comrades in Warriors Orochi Z as they face the heroes from both time periods at once to prove the might of mystics. During the battle at Chi Bi, she gladly faces Zhao Yun and Yukimura's charge, impressed by their fierce bravado. She also shares some words to Cao Cao regarding the inner strength found within humanity.
Character Info[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Originally implied to be a cheerful and optimistic individual, Nu Wa is a suave and composed woman of grace. Not willing to disclose herself to others easily, she is proud of her immortality and condescends any who stand against her. In time, she finds humans to be amusing and believes in their capabilities.
Voice Actors[edit | edit source]
- Lara Cody - Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires (English)
- Michelle Ruff - Warriors Orochi 2 (English)
- Yuko Sumitomo - Dynasty Warriors series (Japanese)
- Yuki Makishima - Warriors Orochi series, Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce 2 (Japanese)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- See also: Nu Wa/Quotes
- "A blessing as a gift you."
- "Blest be!"
- "I may be mysterious... however, I'm quite fatal as well..."
- "Your destiny lies in your hand, yet Fate lies with Heaven..."
- "Fu Xi is not just my brother. He is my husband as well."
- "Be glad, serpent. Humans shall end your life once again."
- "Orochi. This world that you created here... It belongs to these humans now. However, that is what you wanted, is it not?"
- "Child, I didn't know you cared"
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Moveset[edit | edit source]
|Keys|| Normal Attack •|| Charge Attack •|| Musou •|| Jump/Mount|
Ground Moveset[edit | edit source]
- : Nu Wa swings backward and forward in wide arcs with her sword.
- , : Swiftly charges upwards.
- , ,  (, ): Alternating strong horizontal swings followed by a last, powerful left-to-right strike.
- , , , : Nu Wa charges straight forward while swinging her rapier horizontally to the right.
- , , , , : Summons a small upward wind.
- , , , , , : Revolves twice with the sword to her chest horizontally.
- : Continuously swipes the tip of her rapier in one direction.
- , : Swipes her sword in mid-air.
- , : A charge head-first into the ground.
Horse Moveset[edit | edit source]
- : Nu Wa leans to each side, and swings his weapon.
- , , , , , : Three attacks to the right side, three to the left.
- : Repeating slashes to all sides until the Musou gauge empties.
- ,: An airdash that makes her temporarily invincible. Nu Wa pushes herself forward.
- R1: Nu Wa pierces her rapier forward quickly and continuously, with an added Ice element.
- direction + R1 : Hovers in the air and summons a hail storm, with an added Ice element.
Fighting Style[edit | edit source]
Dynasty Warriors[edit | edit source]
Nu Wa fights using a rapier and as such most of her strikes are very fast, very precise stabbing motions; with a few slashes in between combos. The result of this is a great character for dueling, but with wide openings in crowd control. On top of this, her combo strings are very linear and prone to missing without proper aim and careful timing thanks to a rather narrow striking zone. However, with time and mastery of these nuances, she becomes a force to be reckoned with. Nu Wa's moveset is also available for edit characters.
Warriors Orochi[edit | edit source]
Using a combination of her R1 specials and air dash ability, Nu Wa can unleash very long combos in Warriors Orochi 2.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Warriors Orochi 2[edit | edit source]
- Swift Rapier
- Celestial Blade
- Nu Wa's Rapier