|Santa Ana, California (2003)|
|[[Star Wars: KotOR II|
Neverwinter Nights 2
(See complete products listing)]]
Obsidian Entertainment is an American video game developer founded in 2003 after the disestablishment of Interplay Productions' Black Isle Studios, for PC and console systems. Obsidian continues to operate under management by its founding officers: Feargus Urquhart, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan, Chris Avellone and Chris Jones. In July 2005, they hired Josh Sawyer of Icewind Dale fame.
Games developed[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords (2004) (Xbox, PC)
- Neverwinter Nights 2 (2006) (PC, Mac OS X)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (2007) (PC)
- Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (2008) (PC)
- Alpha Protocol (2010) (PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- Fallout: New Vegas (in development) (Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- Dungeon Siege 3 (in development) (Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
- Unannounced project (in development)
On March 23, 2006, Obsidian and SEGA announced that they would co-develop a role-playing game based on a new franchise. It was revealed to be Alpha Protocol, an RPG set in a modern-day spy adventure setting, on June 1, 2010.
On December 13, 2006, SEGA officially announced that Obsidian Entertainment had been signed to develop a role-playing game based on the Aliens film franchise. However, it has since been canceled. Another game called Seven Dwarves (working title) was also canceled.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout: New Vegas unveiled. Ellie Gibson. Eurogamer (2009-04-20). Retrieved on 2009-04-20
- Square Enix announces partnership with Obsidian Entertainment for Dungeon Siege 3. Square Enix (June 7, 2010). Retrieved on June 7, 2010
- E3 2010: Feargus Urquhart Interview. GameBanshee (July 2, 2010). Retrieved on July 2, 2010 “As we stopped working on Alpha Protocol in late summer of last year everybody transferred over either to a private internal product we’re making right now - which I want to talk to you about soon - or they went to Dungeon Siege III.”
- SEGA Partners with Obsidian Entertainment to Create Original Content for Next Generation Consoles. BusinessWire (2006-03-23). Retrieved on 2008-11-01
- SEGA And Obsidian Set To Redefine The RPG Genre With Alpha Protocol. SEGA News. SEGA Corporation (2008-03-13). Retrieved on 2008-11-01
- SEGA Signs Obsidian Entertainment To Develop Alien Title For Next-generation Systems. SEGA News. SEGA Corporation (2006-12-13). Retrieved on 2008-11-01
- Obsidian's Aliens RPG Officially Finished. Giant Bomb (2009-06-26). Retrieved on 2009-06-26
- Former Obsidian artist Ian Ameling's resume.
- Massey, Dana (2007-06-29). Dev Profile Q&A: Kevin Saunders, Lead Designer on NWN2: MotB. Warcry Network. Themis Media. Retrieved on 2007-05-30 “I was the lead designer on project "New Jersey," which was never announced, and then helped with finishing up NWN2 over its last six months or so.”
- Red Eagle Games partners with Obsidian. Dragonmount (2010-02-11). Retrieved on 2010-02-13