Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Oil Rush is a real-time strategy game developed by Unigine Corp using their Unigine engine technology. Set in a post-apocalyptic flooded world, the game consists of players fighting over control of the world's remaining oil reserves.
Players must defend oil rigs though the use of platforms against hordes of enemy ships and other units. The games SDK will be made available after release. Currently at the end of production stage, the game will be released as a digital download for Microsoft Windows and Linux during the fourth quarter of 2010, and a release for the PlayStation 3 will follow. There are no plans for a Mac OS X release of the game.
References[edit | edit source]
- Unigine Announces Its Oil Rush Game For Linux Phoronix, September 1, 2010 (Article by Michael Larabel)
- Naval RTS-Tower Defense Hybrid 'Oil Rush' Announced Shacknews, September 2, 2010 (Article by Alice O'Connor)
- Oil Rush announced BIG Download, September 2, 2010 (Article by John Callaham)
- Graphically Slick: Oil Rush Rock, Paper Shotgun, September 2, 2010 (Article by Jim Rossignol)
- Oil Rush - Impressive Linux game is in final stage LinAPP, September 2, 2010
- Oil Rush – Amazing RTS Soon To Be Released! Linux Gaming News, September 2, 2010 (Article by Maxim Bardin)
- Oil Rush Announced Blue's News, September 1, 2010
- More Details On Unigine's Oil Rush Game Phoronix, September 4, 2010 (Article by Michael Larabel)