|[[Hewson Consultants]][[Category:Hewson Consultants]]|
|Floppy disk, Cartridge|
|Keyboard, Joystick, Gamepad|
|Amiga, Atari ST, PC, Sega Mega Drive, iPhone OS and XBox 360|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Premise[edit | edit source]
|“||The land of Gargore is a mass of warring kingdoms, containing 16 different cults, 16 different types of enemy troops and 8 types of locations. However, even the mightiest army fears a 'fanatic', a solitary warrior who lives to fight and conquer and is remembered according to the number of his victories and the greatness of his deeds. You are one such Fanatic, a magical warrior with the strength of an army, the might of a thousand men. Now is your chance to achieve fame and glory for yourself in the battle scarred land of Gargore. Defeat the ravaging hordes of monsters, conquer the world and bring peace to the warring kingdoms. Good luck - it won't be easy!||„|
|~ Onslaught packaging|
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Gameplay takes place in three sections. First, a territory to attack is selected from the campaign screen; next the player is taken to the territory, where he battles through hordes of themed aggressors on a side-scrolling landscape to reach a castle, which he must also conquer; finally the player faces the master of the castle - a wizard with four spell-casting tentacle arms - whom he must defeat by firing magic at him whilst avoiding the spells that the wizard fires back. On defeating the master of the castle the player wins the territory and returns to the campaign screen to select the next territory to attack.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Onslaught received mixed reviews on its release. Whilst The Games Machine gave it a score of 95% and rated it a "Top Game" and Zzap! scored it 85%, Your Amiga gave it 54%, and Sweden's Datormagazin awarded it just 3/10.
References[edit | edit source]
- Onslaught. Onslaught Packaging. Hewson Consultants (1989). Retrieved on 2009-02-25
- "Onslaught". The Games Machine (Newsfield Publications Ltd): pp. 72–73. December 1989. http://amr.abime.net/review_33800. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Wynne, Stuart; Hogg, Robin (February 1990). "Onslaught". Zzap! (Newsfield Publications Ltd): pp. 71. http://www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/displaypage.pl?issue=58&page=71&magazine=zzap. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Hamlett, Gordon (January 1990). "Onslaught". Your Amiga: pp. 31. http://amr.abime.net/amr_popup_picture.php?src=your_amiga/magscans/ya_1990_01/031.jpg&c=75778&n=1&filesize=501145. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Thinsz, Mathias (January 1990). "Onslaught" (in Swedish). Datormagazin: pp. 8. http://guildserver.co.uk/AMR/dator/dm_1990_01_1990-02/008.jpg. Retrieved 2009-02-25.