|Plano, Texas, USA (2002)|
|Computer and video games|
|Robert Erwin, President|
Todd Daniel, CEO
Dan Kramer, Game Director
Peter Mack, Tech Director
David Mertz, Lead Designer
Jeremy Statz, Lead Designer
Kenn Hoekstra, Executive Producer
Pi Studios is a computer game software developer founded in 2002 by Robert Erwin, John Faulkenbury, Rob Heironimus, Dan Kramer and Peter Mack whose first commercial work can be found in Activision's Call of Duty: United Offensive. The company originated in Plano, Texas and relocated to Houston, Texas in January, 2005.
In November, 2005, Pi Studios released Call of Duty 2: Big Red One for the PlayStation 2, the Xbox, and the GameCube. Work on that project was done jointly with Activision's internal studio, Treyarch. This led to work on Call of Duty 3 in October 2006, developed jointly with Treyarch. Pi's work on the Call of Duty franchise continued with the Call of Duty 3 Bravo Map Pack (downloadable via Xbox Live Arcade) followed by Call of Duty: World at War, in which they assisted Treyarch in creating the single player mission "Blowtorch and Corkscrew".
Pi Studios helped develop the Halo 2 Vista editing toolset and exclusive multiplayer map content, which was included with the game. They also developed Mercenaries 2: World in Flames on PlayStation 2 which was released in the United States on August 31, 2008 and in Europe on September 5, 2008.
Pi Studios is responsible for the PlayStation 2 and Wii versions of Rock Band, which shipped December 18, 2007 and June 22, 2008 respectively. These were developed in conjunction with Harmonix. Pi Studios also worked with Harmonix to produce four Rock Band Track Packs for the Wii and PlayStation 2. The two companies' final collaborative effort was on The Beatles: Rock Band for the (Wii), released in 2009.
Games developed[edit | edit source]
- Bonk: Brink of Extinction (TBA)
- Bomberman Live: Battlefest (TBA)
- Quake Arena Arcade (Xbox Live Arcade) (TBA)
- The Beatles: Rock Band (Wii) (2009)
- Wolfenstein (2009)
- Rock Band Classic Rock (PlayStation 2)(PlayStation 3)(XBox 360)(Wii) (2009)
- Call of Duty: World at War (2008)
- Rock Band 2 (PlayStation 2) (2008)
- Rock Band 2 (Wii) (2008)
- Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PS2) (2008)
- Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 1 (PlayStation 2)(Wii) (2008)
- Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2 (PlayStation 2)(PlayStation 3)(XBox 360)(Wii) (2008)
- Rock Band AC/DC (PlayStation 2)(PlayStation 3)(XBox 360)(Wii) (2008)
- Rock Band (Wii) (2008)
- Rock Band (PlayStation 2) (2007)
- Halo 2 (Windows PC) (2007)
- Call of Duty 3 (2006)
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (2005)
- Call of Duty: United Offensive (2004)