Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a third-person action adventure video game developed and published by Ubisoft. The Sands of Time is a reimagining of the landmark PC game Prince of Persia, created by Jordan Mechner in 1990 (also responsible for its sequel, The Shadow and the Flame). It successfully captures the mechanics of the original platformer and extends it to the 3D generation.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Much of the gameplay in The Sands of Time revolve around the use of a "Dagger of Time". This Dagger is found early on in the game by the Prince and can be used to rewind, freeze, and fast-forward Time. The Prince can also use the dagger to slow the motion of everyone around him. To use the dagger's powers of time distortion, the dagger must be at least partially filled with The Sands of Time.
In certain areas in and around the castle a large cloud of dark smoke and sand floats in space. These markers serve a dual purpose. When the Prince walks into these clouds he has visions which displays future obstacles and gives hints as to how to proceed. At these points the ability to save the game is also available.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- The Prince - The naive adventurer, son of the Sultan of Persia.
- Farah - The Maharajah's daughter.
- Vizier - The Sultan's advisor and a despicable traitor.
Items[edit | edit source]
- The Sands of Time
- The Hourglass houses The Sands of Time.
- Dagger of Time
- The Power of Revival (Rewind) allows the player to undo your mistakes - by traveling back in time up to ten seconds.
- The Power of Delay (Slow Motion) slows down time for everyone around the player.
- The Power of Restraint (Freeze) stops time for a targeted enemy.
- The Power of Haste (Fast-Forward) accelerates the passing of time.
- The Power of Destiny (Visions) shows the player visions of the future.
- The Vizier's Staff
- Farah's Medallion
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- Human Sand Creatures
- Animal Sand Creatures
External Links[edit | edit source]
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|