Remember 11: The Age of Infinity
|Remember 11: The Age of Infinity|
|KID, T-TIME Technology|
|Science-fiction, Visual Novel|
|Game controller, Keyboard|
|PlayStation 2, Microsoft Windows and PlayStation Portable|
|Japanese Release Date(s)|
|March 18, 2004|
April 16, 2009
|Taiwanese Release Date(s)|
|Achievements | Awards | Changelog | Cheats |
Codes | Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC
Help | Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Remember 11: The Age of Infinity is a Japanese visual novel produced by KID, originally released on March 18, 2004 for the PlayStation 2. The game was released for the PC as a part of the Infinity plus on April 4, 2008.
Remember 11 is a part of the Infinity series by KID. The other entries in the series are Never 7: The End of Infinity and Ever 17: The Out of Infinity, both of which take place within the same universe. In contrast to the other two Infinity games and most visual novels, Remember11 does not have a renai focus or plot routes that are based on specific heroes or heroines.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Settings[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Protagonists[edit | edit source]
- Cocoro Fuyukawa (冬川こころ Fuyukawa Kokoro )
- 20 years old, 3rd year sociology major. Protagonist of the Snowy Mountain branch; she is the representation of Anima. Voiced by: Rika Morinaga
- Satoru Yukidoh (優希堂悟 Yuukidou Satoru )
- 21 years old, graduate student in the field of Quantum Physics engineering. Protagonist of the SPHIA branch; he is the representation of Animus. Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu
Other Characters[edit | edit source]
- Lin Mayuzumi (黛鈴 Mayuzumi Rin ))
- 23 years old, Lawyer. One of the survivors of the plane crash. She is the representation of Persona. Voiced by: Megumi Toyoguchi
- Seiji Yomogi (黄泉木聖司 Yomogi Seiji )
- 35 years old, Professional Mountain Hiker. One of the survivors of the plane crash. He is the representation of the Wise Old Man. Voiced by: Masashi Ebara
- Kali Utsumi (内海カーリー Utsumi Kaarii )
- 27 years old, elementary school teacher. She is the representation of the Great Mother. Voiced by: Aya Hisakawa
- Hotori Suzukage (涼蔭穂鳥 Suzukage Hotori )
- 19 years old, cram school student. A girl living in SPHIA that appears to be suffering from DID. She is the representation of the Shadow. Voiced by: Akane Tomonaga
- Uni Kusuda (楠田ゆに Kusuda Yuni )
- 11 years old, 5th grade student. The only character to be in both story arcs, and the representation of the Trickster. Voiced by: Junko Minagawa
Story[edit | edit source]
The story of Remember11 takes place consecutively in 2011 and 2012 for seven days from January 11 to January 17. The game begins in 2011 with Fuyukawa being on board a flight as she heads towards the Specified Psychiatric Hospital for Isolation and Aegis (SPHIA) institution to interview a patient with dissociative identity disorder. The plane experiences turbulence and subsequently crashes on Mount Akakura. With the help of Kusuda's directions, Yomogi is able to carry Mayuzumi and Cocoro to take shelter from the blizzard in an emergency cabin. Elsewhere on Aosagi Island on 2012, Yukidoh falls from the SPHIA facility's clock tower and loses consciousness.
When Fuyukawa wakes up, she realizes she is in a room and is later relieved to find that Kusuda is safe and sound. Kusuda does not recognize Fuyukawa and upon looking at herself in a mirror, Fuyukawa realizes she is in a man's body. A similar event occurs when Yukidoh awakens as he too comes to realize that he is in a woman's body. Both characters switch back to their respective bodies later but the phenomena continues and the two comes to terms with the fact that their consciousness is transcending time and space. At the emergency cabin, there is a news article dated July 4, 2011, that speaks of the three survivors' death on January 17 and of Kusuda being the sole survivor. Yukidoh has a magazine at SPHIA from July that says the same thing.
As the days go by, several inconsistencies can be spotted in the different characters' perspectives. Yukidoh is of the opinion that it is 2011 at Mount Akakura and 2012 in SPHIA whereas Fuyukawa believes it is 2011 in both places. Yukidoh later notices an inconsistency wherein he can see the same lunar phase at SPHIA and at the emergency cabin and that both areas are surrounded by a body of water. It is also later revealed that the Kusuda at the emergency cabin is from the year 2012 to assist with the manipulation of events to change history whereas the Kusuda at SPHIA is from 2011. Yukidoh eventually comes across a locked room in the basement of the SPHIA facility and encounters a person named Enomoto.
Enomoto explains to Yukidoh that it is not their consciousness that is being transferred but the entire space within a 110 metre radius that is transported across time. This explains why Yukidoh can see the same lunar phase at SPHIA and at the emergency cabin because the area surrounding the cabin is transported to Aosagi Island of 2012. Yukidoh attempts to destroy the facility and Enomoto tries to stop him. In the ensuing battle, Enomoto is stabbed to death multiple times by Yukidoh. Another inconsistency arises here because neither Yukidoh nor Fuyukawa committed this act. Upon reviewing the recorded footage that Enomoto was monitoring, Yukidoh concludes that there is actually a third personality that is in the consciousness transfer loop between Yukidoh and Fuyukawa.
Yukidoh leaves the SPHIA facility and waits at the shore for the emergency cabin of Mount Akakura to be transported to Aosagi Island. After the avalanche disaster, which supposedly claimed Yomogi, Mayuzumi, and Fuyukawa's lives according to the newspaper and magazine, is avoided, everybody is safe and sound. The Kusuda of 2011 is left at Mount Akakura to be rescued by the rescue team and to presumably continue the infinite loop.
Music[edit | edit source]
The original OP song for the original PS2 game and subsequent Infinity Plus box PC port is "little prophet", sung by KAORI, also the singer of Ever17's OP song LeMU. The ED song, "Darkness of chaos", is sung by Junko Minagawa, the seiyuu for Yuni.
Release history[edit | edit source]
Remember11 was originally released for the PlayStation 2 on March 18, 2004, in regular and limited editions. The limited edition included a CD with design materials and information about the game. The game was later released for the PC as a part of the Infinity plus box set on April 4, 2008. Remember11 was released for the PlayStation Portable on April 16, 2009.
Reception[edit | edit source]
The combined sales of the PC and PlayStation 2 versions of Remember11 is over 40,000.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ui Miyazaki's official website's "Information" section (Japanese) (2009-03-06). Retrieved on 2009-04-23
- Remember11 Official Home page (Japanese). Retrieved on 2009-04-07
- Infinity plus (Japanese). Retrieved on 2009-04-07
- PSP Software: "Infinity" + "Integral" series (Japanese). Retrieved on 2009-04-07
- PlayStation.com (Japan) > Software Catalogue > Remember11 -the age of infinity- (Japanese). Retrieved on 2009-05-10