Resistance: Fall of Man
|Resistance: Fall of Man|
|[[Insomniac Games]][[Category:Insomniac Games]]|
|[[Sony Computer Entertainment]][[Category:Sony Computer Entertainment]]|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Similar to Ratchet and Clank, there are also skill points that can be earned throughout the single player game. These are awarded for certain actions that are hinted at by their titles; however, the specific details are not revealed until the skill point is actually earned. For example, one skill point, called "Tag, You're It" requires killing five enemies in 30 seconds with the Bullseye weapon. There are generic skill points that can be earned during any single level, and some that are specific to certain levels of the game. Each task is worth a different number of points which are used to unlock additional media for the game. There are many more skill points to be found in Resistance than in the Ratchet & Clank or Spyro series, which means the actions required to complete the points are much easier to do. Therefore, multiple skill points can be earned at once with little effort from the player. For example, one skill point, 'I Believe This is Yours', requires the player to kill all the Chimera in any level using only Chimeran weapons; in later levels, Chimeran weapons are more plentiful and more powerful than human weapons; in addition to the enemy AI guiding the Chimera towards the player, this skill point can be acquired with relative ease.In addition, multiple Intel documents can be found scattered throughout each level. These give the player an insight into what has happened, is happening, and will happen.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Primary fire- Shoots normal bullets. It is very accurate, even in full auto fire.
- Alternate fire- Launches an explosive similar to a M203 grenade launcher.
- Primary fire- Shoots energetic ammunition very fast, but inaccurate.
- Alternate fire- Fires a "tag" where the cross-hairs are pointed. IF the tag hits an enemy, all primary fire will be directed to that enemy. This usually spells the death for the tagged character.
- Bullseye bomb- If you shoot anywhere other than on a character, you can create a bullseye bomb by holding down L1. All primary shots will speed to a point a few feet next to the tag, revolving in a circle above/next to the tag (not around the tag). If the player shoots a tag somewhere else, all the bullets will immediately follow it, spelling an immediate death for anyone caught in the line of fire. If the player lets go of L1 (or shoots a tag somewhere else and holds L1), the bomb will eventually explode in all directions.
- Primary fire- Shoots one shotgun shell.
- Alternate fire- Fires both barrels.
- Primary Fire- Slowly shoots rounds capable of burrowing through solid objects, becoming more powerful with each object it passes through.
- Alternate fire- Creates a shield, enough to cover one person, impenetrable to anything other than the auger.
- Primary fire- Shoots a powerful sniper round
- Alternate fire- Makes the character concentrate while held, creating the effect of slow-motion. Online: Toggles between low, medium, high, and no zoom.
Note: Zoom with the up and down D-pad buttons, the right button will immediately increase the zoom to max
XR-005 Hailstorm: (Single player ONLY)
- Primary fire- Shoots bolts capable of ricocheting off solid surfaces at an extremley high rate.
- Alternate fire- Releases all bolts remaining in clip, forming an auto-turret that will attack the nearest target, and if downed, continue to find new ones until they run out of energy
XR-003 Sapper: (Single player ONLY)
- Primary fire- Shoots Sapper mines, small organic cells that act as a mine, exploding when touched. They can stick to each other and objects.
- Alternate fire- Detonates mines one at a time, or all at once if held.
- Primary fire- Shoots a powerful missile in the direction of the crossharis.
- Alternate fire- Slows down/"freezes" the rocket in place, allowing for re-aiming. Also, if R1 is held in this state, it will fire several, smaller mini-munitions that will seek out the nearest target until they are all used up or R1 is released. Missile will still explode when it hits a target, but will be much less powerful after minirocktes have been expended.
Bullseye Mark II:
Same as the Bullseye, except much more powerful, burrowing into the bodies of the target it hits. The projectiles are blue instead of red.
Normal fragmentation grenade. Small, yet powerful explosive radius.
Standard Chimeran grenade. When thrown, hovers at chest height off the ground where it lands. It then explodes, launching spikes in all directions.
When thrown, releases a large cloud of flammable gas. Once the gas is fully released, it is ignited. If circle is held when thrown, the gas will release, but the combustion will not occur until much later, or when circle is released. Can also stick to enemies.
Reapers: (Single player ONLY)
- Primary fire- Shoots right reaper, wherever the crosshairs are aimed.
- Alternate fire- Shoots left reaper, wherever the crosshairs are aimed.
Note: if both L1 and R1 are depressed, the reapers will lock on to the nearest living targets on screen and track them while firing.
- Primary fire- Acts as a standard flamethrower that sprews greenish blue flames.
- Alternate fire- Releases flammable vapor, but does not burn it. Will stay in from of weapon until L1 is released, and once released, will burn all the gas at once.
- Primary fire- shoots an ionized beam of energy that also acts as a sort of "tag"
- Alternate fire- Releases a burst of ionized beams, jumping to any tagged enemy nearby.
Splitter: (Single player ONLY)
- Primary fire- Shoots a large, explosive- 'thing'... which can be broken into several, smaller.. 'things' for each successive press of R1.
- Alternate fire- Stops/slows down the "projectile(s)". When the player moves, so do the projectiles, always staying in front of them. If they hit an object, they explode.
Backlash Grenade: (Single player ONLY)Creates a protective "bubble", which reflects any fire from Chimeran weapons directly back to their source, and allows any human weapons to travel through. Also, any chimera caught in it will receive damage, but will not drop dead on the spot.
[edit | edit source]
- Resistance: Fall of Man® at PlayStation.Com
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|