Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
|This page may be written like an advertisement. Please help rewrite this page from a neutral point of view. For obvious advertising that would require a significant rewrite to become appropriate, list for deletion.|
|Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown|
|Publisher(s)||ZOO Digital Group, Capcom|
|Release date||PlayStation 2|
November 28, 2003 (EU)
|Age rating(s)||ESRB: T (Teen)|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 2, Microsoft Windows, Xbox, mobile|
|Arcade system||Arcade System Missing|
|Media||DVD, jar file|
|Input||Keyboard, mouse, or gamepad|
|Requirements||500 MHz CPU, 128 MB RAM, 16 MB video card RAM, DirectX 8.1, 250 MB available hard disk space, Windows 98 (WIN)|
|Credits | Soundtrack | Codes | Walkthrough|
Plot[edit | edit source]
It is a time of great unrest in England. With King Richard the Lionheart held for ransom, the evil Prince John, seizes the throne, and declares himself the King of England. The entire nation soon falls into civil war as greedy nobles war amongst themselves and Prince John sends forth armies to shackle the country under his unjust rule.
In this time of lawlessness, only an outlaw can lead the people to freedom. One man, the embodiment of true honor, vows to save his people and restore peace to the land. This man is known as Robin Hood. From the small-scale skirmishes with the Sheriff of Nottingham in Sherwood Forest, Robin finds himself drawn into the larger the battlefields of England, and the hero of the poor must become the savior of an entire nation.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Robin Hood is a blend of role-playing and turn-based strategy combined with action sequences.
As Robin Hood, the player must:
- Fund the war effort by lightening the purses of traveling merchants in archery ambushes.
- Lay siege to castles using mighty siege engines and Greek Fire.
- Joust in tournaments for fame, fortune and land.
- Conquer England’s 38 territories by commanding troops on the battlefield and manage Robin’s growing armies.
- Swordfight through battlements, catacombs and towers in search of treasure - or to rescue a damsel-in-distress.
The game also features:
- Special events, multiple goals and non-linear gameplay.
- A story of action, drama, romance and adventure.
- Twenty minutes of rendered cutscenes and a full hour of recorded voice acting.
- 8 different alternate game endings depending on the player's actions through the game.
Audience Reception[edit | edit source]
Although not as popular as it predecessors the XBOX version proved reasonably successful. Although it only attained the relatively low rating of 6 at gamespot, it was still well received by fans of the series.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Robin Hood- Greg Ellis
- Maid Marian- Edychta Brytcha
- Little John- John Cygan
- Wilfred of Ivanhoe- Peter Jessop
- Friar Tuck- Alan Sherman
- Will Scarlet- Adrian Neil
- Prince John- Grant Albrecht
- Guy of Gisbourne- Richard Green
- Sheriff of Nottingham- Martin Jarvis
- Merchant- David Lodge
See also[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- this game is a remake of the 1986 Defender of the Crown by Cinemaware.