Ryu (Street Fighter)
|Game Series||Street Fighter series|
|First Appearance||Street Fighter|
|Blood Type:||bloodtype O|
|Birthdate:||July 21, 1964|
|Likes:||Martial Arts, Mizuyokan (Japanese sweet bean jelly), Chicken|
|Dis-Likes:||Spiders (One crawled into his mouth once when he was sleeping)|
|Fighting Style:||Martial art rooted as an assassination art.|
|Voice Actor(s):||Toshiyuki Morikawa (SFA3 , vs. SNK Series , Namco X Capcom), Wataru Takagi (SF3:1 & 2), Toru Okawa (SF3:3), Katashi Ishizuka (SFA2)|
|Trademark:||White gi, Red bandanna|
|Notes:||hitchhiking, fast learner |
BWH size: B110, W81, H85
Overview[edit | edit source]
Evil Ryu[edit | edit source]
Techniques[edit | edit source]
Special Moves[edit | edit source]
- Hadoken (Fireball) - Ryu focuses his ki into his hands and releases it as a blue-colored ball of energy at the opponent.
- Shoryuken (Dragon Punch) - Ryu leaps into the air with an jumping uppercut, serving as a deterrent against opponents that are jumping in.
- Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku (Hurricane Kick) - Ryu hops into the air and spins with a leg out, not unlike riding a small invisible hurricane. In later games, this can knock the opponent down with one hit. In the Street Fighter EX series, Ryu's Hurricane Kick was a series of flying kicks, ending with an airborne axe kick.
- Joudan Sokutou Geri (Upward Sword Leg Kick) - Accessible only in the Street Fighter 3 series, Ryu steps sidewards and aims a kick at the opponent's chest area, sending the opponent flying.
Super Arts[edit | edit source]
- Shinkuu Hadoken - Ryu's first Super Art, a high-powered, multi-hitting version of his Hadoken.
- Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuukyakuu - A faster version of the Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku that has Ryu spin in place, it hits the opponent multiple times. This is reduced to an EX move in Street Fighter III: Second Impact and Street Fighter III: Third Strike.
- Shin Shoryuken (True Dragon Punch) - Ryu's most powerful move, it is a powered version of his Shoryuken, dealing four (three in Street Fighter III: New Generation) hits to an opponent.
- Denjin Hadoken - Ryu charges up for an electric version of his fireball. This move can be charged further by holding down the punch button and twirling the joystick rapidly, and is unblockable. When it connects, it has a high stun rate, and a fully charged Denjin Hadoken can completely dizzy an opponent.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Tiamat's Street Fighter guide: Contains translated information found in various official Japanese language Capcom sources, such as All About Street Fighter Zero 3, Eiga Street Fighter II Memorial Koushiki Fanbook ISBN 4-09-102491-2, Official Street Fighter Zero 3 Guidebook, Street Fighter 3: New Generation Bible, Street Fighter Eternal Challenge.
- Kao Megura's Street Fighter guide: Contains special move translations.
|This "Street Fighter"-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
|Street Fighter and Related Characters|
|Adon – Birdie - Geki - Mike - Joe - Lee - Eagle – Gen – Ken – Retsu - Ryu – Sagat|
|Street Fighter II|
|Akuma – Balrog – Cammy – Blanka – Chun-Li – Dee Jay – Dhalsim – E. Honda – Fei Long – Guile – M. Bison – T. Hawk – Vega – Zangief|
|Street Fighter Alpha|
|Charlie – Dan – Juni and Juli – Karin – Ingrid – R. Mika – Rose – Sakura|
|Street Fighter III|
|Alex – Dudley – Elena – Gill – Ibuki – Makoto – Necro – Oro – Q – Remy – Sean – Twelve – Urien – Yang – Yun|
|Street Fighter IV|
|Abel – C. Viper - El Fuerte - Gouken – Hakan – Juri – Rufus - Seth|
|Street Fighter V|
|F.A.N.G. - Laura - Necalli - Rashid|
|Belger – Carlos – Cody – Dean – Guy – Hugo – Kyle – Lucia – Maki – Mike Haggar – Poison – Rolento – Sodom|
|Goutetsu - Street Fighter EX characters|