We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
|SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs|
|Sony Computer Entertainment|
|European Release Date(s)|
April 21, 2005
|North American Release Date(s)|
October 11, 2005
|South Korean Release Date(s)|
August 31, 2006
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy SEALs is a First-Person Shooter game developed by Zipper Interactive and published by Sony. It is the sequel to SOCOM 2: U.S Navy SEALs. About a year after the game's release, the game was re-released, but with the 'Greatest Hits' title as a 'Game of the Year' edition.
Weapons comparison[edit | edit source]
The weapons are not only designed to look like their real life counterparts, but their performance characteristics are also very similar, such as rafe of fire, accuracy, and reload time. The following is a list of weapons available in the game and their real-life counterparts.
- M14- Designed in the late 1950s and used heavily in the early years of the Vietnam war, the M14 is a powerful Battle Rifle with heavy recoil thanks to its old styled buttstock. The gun had a 22" barrel and could fire 7.62mmx51mm NATO Battle Rifle cartridges at an ROF (Rate of Fire) of 400-600 RPM (Rounds Per Minute).
- M16A2- In the later years of the war in Vietnam, the M14 was gradually replaced by the lighter M16 in many of its roles. It had a barrel with the same length as that of the M14's, but had an in-line stock and use the smaller 5.56mmx45mm NATO Assault Rifle cartidges at an ROF of 400-600 RPM.
- M4A1- A shorter and lighter version of the M16, the M4 and it's M4A1 counterpart were designed for close-quarters combat, and its light weight makes it a good weapon of choice for special operations.
- XM8 (M8 in-game)- The XM8 rifle project was intended to become the new standard infantry rifle of the United States army. While it was put on hold in mid-2005, it was still alive at the time of SOCOM 3's release on October 11, 2005. The program would be cancelled only 19 days after the game's release, meaning it would not become the M8 in production as the video-games designers had assumed.
- G36 (HK36 in-game)- real-life counterpart is the G36 Assault Rifle produced and manufactured by German small arms company Heckler & Koch.
- L85A2 (IW-80 A2 in-game)- the game version of the SA80, it is the current primary infantry weapon of the British army.
- Mk.48- A Light Machine Gun based on the older Mk.46 Light Machine Gun.
- M60E3- whether carried or vehicle-mounted, it is still in service by all branches of the US military despite it being a half-century old. It fires 7.62mmx51mm NATO Rounds at an ROF of 600-900 RPM.
- M1014 Joint Service Shotgun (M4S90 in-game)
- Remington 870MCS (12 Gauge Pump in-game)- A 12-gauge, pump-action shotgun produced and manufactured by small arms manufacturer Remington.
- M87ELR- The weapon is presumed to be a bolt-action version of the famous Barrett M82A1 Anti-Materiel Rifle.
- M40A1- A high precision Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle developed and issued to American Snipers during the Vietnam war. It was very accurate and reliable. The weapon comes with a 6-12x power telescopic scope and a presumed Harris Bipod. The M40A1 uses 7.62mmx51mm NATO rounds.
- L96 SAW
- MP5 (HK5 in-game)- A well known Sub-Machine Gun produced and manufactured by Heckler & Koch. An MP/HK5 w/suppressor can be found in-game as well. Fires 9x19 P rounds from a 30-round banana magazine at a ROF of 700-800 RPM.
- Mk./Mark 23-
- STG 77- the Steyr AUG, an atypical design which integrates the scope, is a good economical rifle that is the main rifle of Austria, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Luxembourg.
- IMI UZI (9mm Sub in-game)
- Desert Eagle (DE.50 in-game)