As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force
|Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force|
|Pipe Dream Interactive|
|Star Trek: Elite Force|
|PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM|
|DualShock 2 Controller|
|id Tech 3|
|North American Release Date(s)|
December 11, 2001
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force is a first-person shooter video game developed by Pipe Dream Interactive and published by Majesco Entertainment on December 11, 2001 for the PlayStation 2. This video game is a port of the original version that was released for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS.
Development[edit | edit source]
The development of a PlayStation 2 version of Star Trek Voyager - Elite Force was announced in late 2000. Whereas the original version of Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force had been published by Activision and developed by Raven Software, the PlayStation 2 version was published by Majesco Entertainment and developed by their in-house studio, Pipe Dream Interactive. Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force was to be the second PlayStation 2 project undertaken by Majesco. The PlayStation 2 version of the game includes most of the same content as the computer version of the game, albeit that the game's graphics was simplified slightly for the console. Due to the lack of online support for the PlayStation 2, the port only allows for four players to compete in a multiplayer game. Pipe Dream paid particular attention to adjusting the controls of the game to suit the PlayStation 2's gamepad, introducing an auto-aim feature to assist the player. The first screenshots of the game were released in March 2001, and the game was released on December 11, 2001.
Reception[edit | edit source]
Although the original PC version of Elite Force gained critical acclaim, the 2001 PlayStation 2 port received a more negative reception. Majesco's port of the game garnered mediocre reviews, holding scores of 54 percent and 52 percent on Game Rankings and Metacritic respectively. While the level design, story and atmosphere were praised, critics were negative towards what was seen to be a poorly performed port, with complaints focused on difficult controls, graphical problems and frame rate issues. In addition, the artificial intelligence was deemed to be significantly worse than the earlier PC incarnation of the game. Several reviews suggested that Majesco had simply not put effort into the port, resulting in a level of quality behind that which was expected of PlayStation 2 games at the time.
References[edit | edit source]
- Star Trek: Voyager: Elite Force. IGN. Retrieved on 2009-01-27
- Ajami, Amer (2000-12-07). Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force Preview. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2009-01-04
- New Details on Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. IGN (2000-11-30). Retrieved on 2009-01-04
- Ahmed, Shahed (2001-10-08). Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force Updated Preview. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2009-01-04
- First Screens of Elite Force. IGN. Retrieved on 2009-01-04
- Star Trek: Voyager: Elite Force. IGN. Retrieved on 2009-01-04
- Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (PS2: 2001) Reviews. Metacritic. Retrieved on 2009-01-25
- Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (PS2). Game Revolution. Retrieved on 2009-01-25
- Radcliffe, Doug (2002-01-08). Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force for PS2 Review. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2009-01-25
- Perry, Doug (2001-12-19). Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force PS2 Review. IGN. Retrieved on 2009-01-25
- Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force - PS2. Game Rankings. Retrieved on 2009-01-25
- "Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force". Electronic Gaming Monthly: 158. February 2002.
- "Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force". Game Informer: 85. February 2002.