We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)
|Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)|
|Digital Illusions CE|
|Star Wars: Battlefront|
|International Release Date(s)|
|Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One|
November 17, 2015
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
An open beta of the game was announced and scheduled to take place from October 8, 2015 through October 12, 2015. It was available to download on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows (through Origin). The beta allowed the players to gain experience up to level 5. The beta was extended for an additional day, making the last day to play October 13. 
A PlayStation 4 bundle was announced, which comes with a Darth Vader themed PS4, Star Wars: Battlefront, and codes to download 4 classic Star Wars titles (Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Jedi Starfighter and Star Wars: Bounty Hunter).
Features and Changes[edit | edit source]
- No campaign mode, however, there are several "missions" a player can choose from, and they can either play by themselves, or with another player in split screen or online.
- No more classes or squads: all characters will be customizable, including both weapons and gear.
- Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and Sullust have been confirmed as maps.
- Players can select from iconic characters, such as Darth Vader and Boba Fett.
- Space battles have been removed, with fights now taking place on the planet itself, both on the ground and in the air.
- Switching between first- and third-person views is now seamless.
- Online battles can have up to 80 players (40 on each side).
Characters[edit | edit source]
Playable[edit | edit source]
- Luke Skywalker (Rebels)
- Princess Leia Organa (Rebels)
- Han Solo (Rebels)
- Darth Vader (Empire)
- Boba Fett (Empire)
- Emperor Palpatine (Empire)
Non-Playable[edit | edit source]
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
Missions[edit | edit source]
- Survival - Hold off waves of Imperial forces including AT-STs, TIE Fighters, elite stormtroopers and more. Experience a different Survival mission on every planet.
Multi-player[edit | edit source]
- Walker Assault - Fight in epic 40-player battles as a Rebel to destroy the Empire's onslaught of AT-AT's by calling in Y-Wing bombers. Side with the Empire and protect your Walkers while utilizing their mighty weaponry to crush the Rebel objective.
- Supremacy - Another 40-player match, Supremacy offers wide-open conflict as the Rebels and Empire fight over control of five key points on the map.
- Fighter Squadron - Take the fight to the air and crush the enemy with close-quartered dogfights.
- Blast - Simple 10 vs. 10 Team Deathmatch action.
- Drop Zone - Players clash for control of escape pods that randomly drop down on the field. 8 vs. 8
- Droid Run - Players attempt to capture and secure three GNK Power Droids in 6 vs. 6 action.
- Cargo - Players attempt to secure cargo at the enemy's base and bring it back to their own, while managing to protect their own cargo.
- Heroes vs. Villains - Heroes and villains clash in a battle of epic proportions.
- Hero Hunt - A player becomes a hero or villain and must face the opposing team of seven.
Downloadable Content[edit | edit source]
On December 8, 2015, the first DLC, Battle of Jakku was released for free for all players. Players who pre-order the game were able to play the DLC a week earlier on December 1, 2015. Battle of Jakku offers a new game mode, "Turning Point", which, currently, can only be played on Jakku. The mode plays like classic Battlefront games, where the objective is to capture and defend command posts.