Super Ultra Baseball 2
|Super Ultra Baseball 2|
Super Ultra Baseball 2 cover art
|[[Culture Brain]][[Category:Culture Brain]]|
|Super Famicom game controller|
|Achievements | Awards | Changelog | Cheats |
Codes | Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC
Help | Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Super Ultra Baseball 2 is the fourth game in the Ultra Baseball (Baseball Simulator in the USA) series. It was released in 1994 for the Super Famicom by Culture Brain in Japan only. The game adds some new features compared to the previous titles.
This game has a new 16bit engine with much improved graphics, lots of new batter and pitcher edit options and manager/team personalities. According to an issue of Nintendo Power Culture Brain had planned to release this title in the USA as (Super Baseball Simulator 1000 2) but canceled its release.
In the game, there are 3 leagues: Sunny, Paradise and Ultra. Each league has 6 teams. In the Ultra League, pitchers and batters have special power-ups that boost their abilities which gives the game a surrealistic feel that is rare in the sports genre. Players can even create their own baseball teams and assign special moves to the players that they name themselves. The game can be played in exhibition, season or All-Stars modes.
Though the game was never released in the USA, an unofficial English Translation has been created by VX Translations
Teams[edit | edit source]
Sunny League: Dynamics, Switches, Girls, Eggs, Candles, Monsters
Paradise League: Lightning, Flames, Quails, Birthdays, Blue Birds, Hearts
Ultra League: Digital Bits, J-Leagues, Mules, Blacksmiths, Stones, Culture Brains
Baseball Simulator series[edit | edit source]
These Baseball titles included some form of "Super League" where pitchers and batters would have special abilities.
- Baseball Simulator 1.000 (1989, NES), also known as Choujin Ultra Baseball
- Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 (1991, Super NES), also known as Super Ultra Baseball
- Ultra Baseball Jitsumeiban (1992, SNES) NPB licensed.
- Super Ultra Baseball 2 (1994, SNES)
- Ultra Baseball Jitsumeiban 2 (1994, SNES) NPB licensed.
- Ultra Baseball Jitsumeiban 3 (1995, SNES) NPB licensed.
- Super Choujin Ultra Baseball DS (Nintendo DS), with a full NPB license, online support, and characters from anime shows like Yumeria, School Rumble, Negima!, and Lucky Star.
[edit | edit source]
- Culture Brain Official Japanese Website
- SUBB2 at GameFaqs
- Unofficial English Translation for Ultra Baseball Games