Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|June 19, 1995|
syn Sophia, Inc., formerly AKI Corporation, is an independent video game development studio located in Kichijōji, Tokyo, Japan. The company is most well known for its wrestling games that were popular in the late 1990s and early 2000s, such as WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF No Mercy. Founded on June 19, 1995, they went public in 1998. On July 1, 2007, the company was renamed to syn Sophia, Inc.
Games developed under Aki Corporation[edit | edit source]
- 1996 - Virtual Pro-Wrestling (PlayStation) Released only in Japan.
- 1997 - Tactics Formula (Sega Saturn) Released only in Japan.
- 1997 - Virtual Pro Wrestling 64 (Nintendo 64) Released only in Japan.
- 1997 - WCW vs. nWo World Tour (Nintendo 64)
- 1997 - WCW vs. The World (PlayStation)
- 1998 - WCW/nWo Revenge (Nintendo 64)
- 1999 - WWF WrestleMania 2000 (Nintendo 64)
- 2000 - Animastar (Dreamcast) Released only in Japan.
- 2000 - Virtual Pro Wrestling 2: Oudou Keishou (Nintendo 64) Released only in Japan.
- 2000 - WWF No Mercy (Nintendo 64)
- 2001 - Animastar GB (Game Boy Color) Released only in Japan.
- 2001 - World Fishing (PC) Released only in Japan.
- 2003 - Def Jam Vendetta (Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2)
- 2003 - Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs. New Generation (Nintendo GameCube)
- 2004 - Def Jam: Fight for NY (Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)
- 2004 - Galactic Wrestling: Featuring Ultimate Muscle (PlayStation 2)
- 2006 - Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover (PlayStation Portable)
- 2006 - Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix (Arcade)
- 2006 - Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix MAX (PlayStation 2) Released only in Japan.
- 2006 - Touch Panic (Nintendo DS) Released only in Japan.
- 2007 - Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 2 (Arcade)
- 2007 - SimCity DS (Nintendo DS)
- 2008 - SimCity DS 2 (Nintendo DS)
- 2008 - Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo DS)
- 2009 - Ready 2 Rumble: Revolution (Wii)
- 2009 - Cross Treasures (Nintendo DS)
A version of WWF No Mercy for the Game Boy Color was in the works and planned for release alongside the Nintendo 64 version. The game was originally planned to utilize the Nintendo 64 Transfer Pak accessory to unlock special content in each version of the game. This feature was later scrapped, however, with the extra content in each version instead being unlocked via gameplay. After further developmental woes, the game was shifted to Natsume, developers of the previous WWF game for Game Boy Color, before finally being canceled in late December 2000. Screenshots of this game at one point existed, but the websites which had them up were forced to remove them following the game's cancellation.
A sequel to WWF No Mercy was in the early stages of development when it was shelved in early 2001 as Nintendo began to phase out the Nintendo 64 console.
A puzzle game spinoff of the Dreamcast game Animastar, titled Animastar Puzzle, was announced in early 2000 but was later cancelled, presumably due to the sudden demise of the Dreamcast console.
Mikke! was an action game announced for the Nintendo DS console in early 2008. It was later cancelled for unknown reasons.