Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Talk:Kingdom of Drakkar
I am commenting here as directed. I am a sysop for Kingdom of Drakkar and all the information I posted in Wiki Gaming for Kingdom of Drakkar comes directly from its own Story page http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/story.php with the full permission and knowledge of the creator/owner of said game, Brad Lineberger. You are welcome to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify this.
This same information and more are also found at http://kingdomofdrakkar.gamepedia.com/Kingdom_of_Drakkar_Wiki as the Home page.
I am grateful that http://www.freemmorpglist.com/Kingdom_of_Drakkar-mmorpg.html has added Kingdom of Drakkar to their list of MMORPGs
I respect the challenge made to make certain we are authentic.
InfinitySYSOP 00:27, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not sure if the page contents are allowed or not (eg. I'm not sure if Brad agreed to license the text under the Creative Commons BY-SA license, a requirement for nearly all Wiki wikis and I haven't emailed him as you suggested), but there's another matter to consider as well.
- That is this: we can't use this text as-is as it's too much like advertising. The entire article would need to be rewritten to conform to the neutral point-of-view policy in place on Wiki Gaming.
- It seems to me that it would be best to sidestep the potential licensing/legal issues and just create a new article from scratch. - Adan Aileron (talk) 01:19, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Though I am authorized to use all the content, I see your point on neutrality. I will redo this in a more broad and general manner. InfinitySYSOP 01:59, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
- I have redone this page, removing everything. I no longer see the notice about Deletion Review and I'm not sure if you removed it or I may have when I removed the contents. I never touched the Category tags at the bottom. InfinitySYSOP 14:07, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks again for the guidance, it's much appreciated. Obviously this is all new to me. I wouldn't mind an objective analysis of the Wiki page I created Kingdom of Drakkar Wiki. I utilized both help pages and category pages for different methods of access and got mixed reactions from the players (and no contributions!). I do intend to replace the Home page that what I used here but hope from some advice on how to better it.
- Anyway, thanks again, this is a much better look and very simple. InfinitySYSOP 00:11, December 31, 2010 (UTC)