|[[Horizontal orientation, Raster]]|
|4-way Joystick, 1 button|
|Arcade and Virtual Console|
|Japanese Release Date(s)|
November 10, 2009
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Tank Force is a multi-directional shooter arcade game that was released by Namco in 1991. It is the sequel to Battle City, released 6 years earlier, which is a sequel to Tank Battalion, released 11 years earlier than Tank Force. It is sometimes called Tank Battalion Arrangement for the way 2-player simultaneous is available (and up to 4 can play in some versions) and similar graphics to the Arrangements.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The gameplay is very much like Tank Battalion except that this time 2-4 players can play simultaneously, there are several types of enemy tank and there are powerups that can be collected to increase your tank's firepower and boost your score.
Gameplay changes over Battle City[edit | edit source]
- Each stage is the size of 17X13 blocks instead of 13X13 as in prequels.
- Enemies will roll into the map from edges instead of spawning.
- Enemy has more entrance positions: not only at the top of the map, but also in sideways.
- Every 4th round is a 'boss' round. In these levels, player(s) must defeat strong vehicles moving in the top of the map in addition to normal enemies. Player must still defend a home base.
- New powerups include small tank, powerups that give points to player, all kinds of weapon powerups and others in addition to classic ones.
- Player cannot destroy their own home base walls.
- When player shoots another player's tank, it's just kicked back instead of losing mobility for a few seconds.
- There are 7 types of normal enemies in the game including new ones like flame tanks, dynamite-laying jeeps and others.
- Tank Force has 36 rounds total. Unlike Tank Battalion or Battle City, the game ends when completing all 36 rounds.