| This is a documentation subpage for Template:PD (see that page for the template itself).
It contains usage information, categories, interlanguage links and other content that is not part of the original template page.
- Used for things in which their copyright has expired.
- Used for things which a user has uploaded somewhere and released into the public domain
- Username is the username of the person who uploaded the file.
- Interwiki is optional, it specifies the interwiki of the site to link to the userpage on if the file was originally uploaded to another MediaWiki site.
- Used for things which someone, who doesn't not have an account on a wiki Wiki has established interwiki links with, has released to the public domain
- Used for images from the Open Clip Art Library.
- Url is optional, it specifies the url of the original image but it is recommended to use this option if possible.
- Used for things which you have created and are releasing into the public domain.
- Used for things which have already or are being released into the public domain.
- The default message is just a simple notification that the image is in the public domain. In all cases where possible a specific message should be used or added to the template.