Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne is an action RPG developed by Iron Lore Entertainment. It is the first expansion pack to the 2006 RPG hit Titan Quest. Like Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne is a single-player game taking place in a fantastic world based on Greek mythology.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne adds a fourth Act to Titan Quest, in which the player travels to Rhodes and Hades to stop a new villain. The gameplay is darker and grittier than the original, focusing more on the evil of the underworld, rather than the glory of heroes. This is obviously due to the fact that most of the gameplay is based in the underworld.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
The plot is as follows, as said by Immortal Throne producer Mike Verrette.
"As Zeus and the pantheon of gods are packing up and declaring that the time has come for mankind to control its own destiny, a Hades-born army is forming and cutting a swath of destruction through the already war-torn ancient world. Players must find a way into the underworld, fight their way through the advancing horde, and once again change the course of history."
Features[edit | edit source]
- A new act that is roughly the same length as Act I (10–15 hours of gameplay).
- A new equipment slot for new items called Artifacts. Artifacts can be bought from Enchanters when the player has the Arcane Formula and the required ingredients, and provides the player with some constant bonuses.
- A new shop for the Enchanter, who is required to create Artifacts. Enchanters can also unsocket items, saving either the item or the socketed Charm/Relic.
- A new shop for the Caravan. The Caravan functions as an extra storage space, allowing players to hang on to additional equipment. All items placed within the Caravan are available at any city the Caravan is present in. The Caravan also has a Share section, which allows the player to swap items between his characters.
- Scrolls - one shot skills and buffs, purchasable from merchants.
- 30 new quests.
- 20 new monster types and bosses.
- Level cap raised to 75.
- One completely new mastery to the skill system called Dream Mastery. It features powerful buffs called trances that can only be used one at a time, as well as a complement of directional and area-of-effect skills, crowd control spells, and that ability to conjure nightmares from the dream world.