Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2
|Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2|
|[[Ubisoft Romania]][[Category:Ubisoft Romania]]|
|DVD, Blu-ray disc, Wii Optical Disc|
|Keyboard, mouse, joystick|
|Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 is an arcade-style flight action game developed by Ubisoft Romania and published by Ubisoft. The game is the sequel to Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, released in 2009. The game was announced in May 2010 and was expected to be released on September 3 in UK and September 7 in Europe. However, Ubisoft delayed the release date for the PC, PS3 and Wii, while the Xbox 360 was pushed back to its new September 7, 2010 release date. The PS3 version was released one week later on September 10. Ubisoft has confirmed that the PC version of the game will now be released on October 1 while the Wii versions has slipped to a rough Q4 2010 release window.
Plot[edit | edit source]
After the events of the first game game, the H.A.W.X squadron is sent to Middle East, where a high level of violence is being registered, and the appearance of various insurgents leaders in various hotspots. The team also has to investigate the mysterious disappearance of Russian nuclear weapons. The player will be controlling three groups: one American, one British and one Russian, each with its own pilots and supporting characters. There will also be references to other characters in the Tom Clancy universe.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The game is similar to the previous one. The player controls various aircraft, including the AC-130, A-10 Thunderbolt II F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-22 Raptor, F-35 Lightning II and the Su-37 Terminator. There will also be a new night time precision targeted bomb and unmanned aerial vehicles, which will play a large role in stealth missions. New features include the ability to takeoff and land, with various scenarios that will require different approaches. For instance, landing on an airfield in the middle of the day won't be the same as a midnight landing on an aircraft carrier. The graphics have also been improved, with a new damage system being implemented. The AI has been improved as well, with more lifelike actions such as dodging and maneuvering. The game will also feature a four player co-op through the game as well a "full adversarial multiplayer" with up to eight players. The player can also go head-to-head in close-range dogfights and use air-to-air refueling in the middle of missions.
References[edit | edit source]
- Behind the Music of Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2. Tom Salta. Retrieved on 2010-09-11
- Tom Clancy HAWX 2 System Requirements. Game-Debate. Retrieved on 17 August 2010
- Schramm, Mike (May 26, 2010). "HAWX 2 features 'all aspects' of air combat, four-player campaign co-op". Joystiq. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/26/hawx-2-to-feature-all-aspects-of-air-combat-four-player-co-op/. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- Jackson, Mike (April 29, 2010). "Two more Clancy games in development". CVG. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=244699. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- Pigna, Kris (May 5, 2010). "Ubisoft Announces Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2". 1Up. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179145. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- Owen, Phil (May 26, 2010). "H.A.W.X. 2 Details Here! WOOOO!". FileFront. http://news.filefront.com/h-a-w-x-2-details-here-woooo/. Retrieved May 26, 2010.
- Gaskill, Jake (May 26, 2010). "Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 First Look Preview". G4TV. http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/63719/tom-clancys-hawx-2/articles/70884/HAWX-2-First-Look-Preview/. Retrieved May 26, 2010.
[edit | edit source]