|Floppy disk, Cassette, Cartridge|
|North American Release Date(s)|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Toobin' is an Atari video game originally released as an arcade game in 1988. It was later ported to systems such as NES, Commodore Amiga, Commodore 64, MSX, and Game Boy Color. In the game, you play as the main characters Bif or Jet, guiding them through many winding rivers on an innertube. The game was included as part of Midway Arcade Treasures.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The player competes in a river race against the computer or another player. The player's score increases by swishing the gates, hitting other characters with cans, collecting hidden letters to spell Toobin', and collecting treasures. Players try to avoid obstacles while pushing each other into them.
Power-ups allow players to carry multiple cans and combinations of gates increase a score multiplier.
The game has three different classes, each with five rivers, for a total of 15. The rivers in each class are as follows:
- Colorado, Amazon, Okeefenokee, American and Nile
- Yukon, Argentum, Left Bank, Cuprum and Canals Of Mars
- Jurassic, Black Forest, Rio Grande, Styx and Nightmare
Characters[edit | edit source]
The game's playable characters are Bif and Jet. Whenever there is only one player in the game, there will be a computer-controlled opponent called Flotsam.
References[edit | edit source]
- Corey Sandler (1990), Ult Unauth Nintendo Game Strat, Volume 3 - The Bantam game mastery series, Bantam Books, ISBN 9780553352252
- John Sellers (2001), Arcade fever: the fan's guide to the golden age of video games, Running Press, ISBN 9780762409372
- Marc Saltzman, Marc Saltzman, ed., Game design: secrets of the Sages, Brady Games, 2000, ISBN 9781566869874
[edit | edit source]
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|