Toshiro Tsuchida (土田 俊郎 Tsuchida Toshirō ) (born 1964) is a Japanese game director and game producer currently working for Square Enix (formerly Square). He is most notably credited for directing titles in the Front Mission series and was also the battle director for both Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XIII.
As battle director of Final Fantasy X, he pulled away the Active Time Battle (ATB) system, which started with Final Fantasy IV and originally designed by Hiroyuki Ito, replacing it with a more strategic battle system, which is known as the Conditional Turn-Based Battle (CTB) system. He kept Final Fantasy IV in mind when working on Final Fantasy X.
Tsuchida was the head of Square Enix's Product Development Division 6. He has recently worked on Front Mission 5 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King as the producer. He is currently working on Final Fantasy XIII as the battle director.
Credits[edit | edit source]
(This listing is incomplete; Tsuchida worked on other games prior to joining Square.)
- Assault Suits Valken: producer
- Front Mission: director
- Front Mission 2: director
- Front Mission 3: director
- Final Fantasy X: battle director
- Final Fantasy XI: boss monster AI
- Front Mission 4: producer/director
- Front Mission Online: producer
- Front Mission 5: producer
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King: producer
- Final Fantasy XIII: battle planning director
[edit | edit source]
|25px||This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|