Tropico: Paradise Island
|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged into [[::Tropico|Tropico]]. (Discuss)|
|Tropico: Paradise Island|
|[[BreakAway Games]][[Category:BreakAway Games]]|
|[[Take-Two Interactive (Windows)]][[Category:Take-Two Interactive (Windows)]]|
|Construction and management simulation|
|Keyboard and mouse|
|Windows 95 - XP|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Tropico: Paradise Island is the expansion pack to the critically acclaimed Tropico game.
Features[edit | edit source]
- A total of 12 or more new buildings.
- More than 20 new scenarios, including a Gilligan's Island spoof.
- Natural disasters such as hurricanes, tropical storms, hoof and mouth disease and red tide.
- New edicts to allow the player to enforce your will more effectively.
- New dictator attributes to enhance the player's dictator's profile.
- A number of gameplay enhancements such as full rotation of many buildings, more powerful martial law, 20% faster construction and more high score details.
- A random event generator for easier scenario creation and/or natural disasters. The player can even turn this on for older scenarios to throw in a new twist.
New characters[edit | edit source]
There are four new characters in Paradise Island. These are the male and female Eco Tourists and the male and female Spring Break Tourists.
New edicts[edit | edit source]
There are a total of six new edicts in Paradise Island:
- World Geographic Special that draws more Eco Tourists.
- Spring Break Vacation package to attract those young college students to Tropico.
- Social Security system to increase El Presidente's respect among voters.
- Capture edict to go with the new Dungeon facility.
- Conscription to boost your military strength.
New buildings[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 12 or more new buildings in various categories of building types.
Tourist buildings[edit | edit source]
The new tourist buildings are a main feature of Tropico: Paradise Island and include both tourist attractions and tourist accommodations. The Colonial Fort is unique in that it cannot be built by the player, but will appear randomly as for the archaeological site. It can be developed into one of three options: a dungeon, a museum or an artifact dig. The final one is El Presidente's Childhood Home, which acts as a museum.
Military buildings[edit | edit source]
There is one new military building for Paradise Island, the army base. The army base acts as housing for up to 15 Generals or Soldiers and their spouses, with up to three Generals as staff. However, they do not pay rent for the privilege of living on an army base, nor can they use the jeeps apparently stationed there.
Industrial buildings[edit | edit source]
The furniture factory will take lumber as raw materials and convert it to furniture goods for export.
New scenarios[edit | edit source]
A total of 23 scenarios are included with Paradise Island. These include 18 all-new scenarios plus five previously released PopTop scenarios: the original two bonus scenarios, Club Tropico and Peg Leg's Cove, and the Sucio, Green Island and Rebel scenarios released since Tropico came out.
References[edit | edit source]
- Take 2 Games Support [Patches]. Retrieved on 2010-03-19
[edit | edit source]