"She who lives by the grudge."
|Retail Localization Information|
|Interface Language(s) |
|Audio Language(s) |
|Subtitle Language(s) |
|Eric Matyas and Audionautix|
|International Release Date(s)|
| Steam for Windows|
May 15, 2017
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Vindictive Drive is an action video game released in 2017 by Balthasar02 and published by Sometimes You on Steam for Microsoft Windows, the game features real-time action/stealth mechanics and a dark, story-driven setting with revenge themes. This game falls under the umbrella of Secret Society Games.
Availability[edit | edit source]
Plot[edit | edit source]
The story follows Arris Fern, a young woman in her cold-blooded revenge against her father, President Charles Mourne, for the assassination of her mother, Genevieve Fern, twelve years ago.
After years suffering the consequences of such situation, Arris decides to prepare a sadistic plan to corner Mourne and ultimately kill him, hunting down and manipulating the actors involved in her past in the process.
The game has dark themes surrounding Arris' mental health, suicide, abuse and the cruelty of her methods.
Game Features[edit | edit source]
- Vindictive Drive's "battle system" relies on outsmarting security systems, avoiding cameras, and fooling your enemies using your computer and jamming devices, leaving the pistol as last resort.
- Stealth is an important part of the game, you will be able to disable alarms and create distractions.
- Story rich scenarios and suspense.
- Talkative and friendly NPCs.
- A lot of illustrations and animations made frame per frame.
- Multiple endings.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Arris Fern - Usable character
- Liz Barrett - Usable character
- Eureka - Usable character
- Hex Reader
- Luna Herz
- Genevieve Fern
- Alicia Fields
- Emma Fields
- Edu Feinmann
- Charles Mourne
- Amy Mourne
- Eris Mourne
Reception[edit | edit source]
Using dark themes, puzzle solving and a lot of action, Vindictive Drive has been released to a majority of positive reviews, hitting over 100.000 downloads just a month and three days after the final release. With an average 300 concurrent players per day, with a peak of over 1600 players in one day, It was rated #9 highest rated Action/Adventure game, and #1281 of all genres in PC on GameFAQs.
The Early Access version had mixed reviews, with some negative criticism on its dark themes, difficulty and controls, most of these points were modified for the final version, giving Vindictive Drive its current reception scores.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Luna's design was originally one of MikuLeRoux's custom outfits for a photo shoot.
- The Subterranean Vault, and Frankie's bat scene are Max Payne references.
- A character awkwardly similar to Yui Hirasawa from K-On! is killed by the Galick-00 during the Senate Massacre Scene.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Vindictive Drive statistics in SteamSpy
- ↑ Vindictive Drive concurrent player Statistics in SteamCharts
- ↑ Vindictive Drive ranking in GameFAQs(#9 in Action/Adventure)
- ↑ Vindictive Drive ranking in GameFAQs(#1281 in All PC categories)
- ↑ Luna Herz fashion design by MikuLeRoux