World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
|World of Warcraft: Shadowlands|
|World of Warcraft|
|World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|
|Microsoft Windows and macOS|
|Achievements | Awards | Changelog | Cheats |
Codes | Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC
Help | Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is the eighth expansion pack for World of Warcraft announced at BlizzCon 2019 on November 1, 2019. It currently has no confirmed release date, although it is expected to be released in 2020.
Plot[edit | edit source]
|This section contains spoilers! Content within this section may reveal significant parts of a game(s) story.|
Sylvanas Windrunner returns to Icecrown Citadel and confronts the Lich King, now using the body of former Alliance soldier Bolvar Fordragon. Sylvanas incapacitates the Lich King, and removes his helmet, the Helmet of Dominion. In a fit of rage, Sylvanas splits the helmet in two, destroying it. This causes the planar boundary, the Eternal Veil between life and death, to be shattered.
Features[edit | edit source]
- New Continent: Shadowlands.
- New Zones: Ardenweald, Bastion, Maldraxxus, The Maw, Revendreth.
- New Hub City: Oribos.
- New Reputations: Choose a Covenant; Kyrian, Venthyr, Necrolords, and Night Fae.
- New Dungeons and Raids. All Dungeons will have Heroic, Mythic and Mythic+ difficulties.
- New Levelling Dungeons: Halls of Atonement, Mists of Tirna Scithe, The Necrotic Wake, Theater of Pain.
- Level 60 Dungeons: The Other Side, Plaguefall, The Sanguine Depths, Spires of Ascension, and Castle Nathria, .
- Ascend the Tower of the Damned, a dynamic and evolving end-game Dungeon that can be soloed, or tackled with a party of five.
- Level squish incoming: All Level 120 players will be squished to Level 50.
- New Level 1-60 levelling experience.
- Level 1-10 starting zones for all races have been updated to take place during Battle for Azeroth. Once the starter zone is completed, players can choose to go back in time to one of the earlier expansions, or continue into Battle for Azeroth and then Shadowlands straight away.
- All races, including Allied Races, can now become Death Knights. Pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Shadowlands enables this functionality once Patch 8.3 goes live.