World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
|This video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
|World of Warcraft: Shadowlands|
|World of Warcraft|
|World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|
|Microsoft Windows and macOS|
|International Release Date(s)|
|Microsoft Windows and macOS|
November 23, 2020
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is the eighth expansion pack for World of Warcraft, announced at BlizzCon 2019 on November 1, 2019. On August 27, 2020, Blizzard revealed that the expansion would be released on October 26/27 that same year. However, in an update on October 1, the release date was pushed back to later in the year. The new release date of November 23, 2020 was confirmed by Blizzard Entertainment on October 29, 2020, with confirmation that the pre-patch Scourge Invasion event would begin on November 10, 2020.
Plot[edit | edit source]
|This section contains spoilers! Content within this section may reveal significant parts of a game(s) story.|
Sylvanas Windrunner returns to Icecrown Citadel and confronts the Lich King, now using the body of former Alliance soldier Bolvar Fordragon. Sylvanas incapacitates the Lich King, and removes his helmet, the Helmet of Domination. In a fit of rage, Sylvanas tears the helmet in two, destroying it. This causes the planar boundary, the Eternal Veil between life and death, to be shattered.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Level squish incoming: All Level 120 players will be squished to Level 50, with players of other levels being scaled down appropriately.
- All gear from previous expansions have had their item levels, stats and level requirements changed to accommodate the level squish.
- World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King instances have been re-tuned for a max level of 30, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria instances for Level 35, World of Warcraft: Warlord of Draenor instances for Level 40, World of Warcraft: Legion instances for Level 45 and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth instances for Level 50.
- Max level increased from 50 to 60.
- New Level 1-60 levelling experience.
- Alts can use Chromie to re-visit any previous expansion for a more challenging levelling experience.
- Level 1-10 starting zones for all races have been updated to take place during Battle for Azeroth. Once the starter zone is completed, players can choose to go back in time to one of the earlier expansions, or continue into Battle for Azeroth and then Shadowlands straight away.
- New Continent: Shadowlands.
- New Zones: Ardenweld, Bastion, Maldraxxus, The Maw, Revendreth.
- New Hub City: Oribos.
- New Reputations: Choose a Covenant; Kyrian, Venthyr, Necrolords, and Night Fae.
- New Dungeons and Raids. All Dungeons will have Heroic, Mythic and Mythic+ difficulties.
- New Levelling Dungeons: Halls of Atonement, Mists of Tirna Scithe, The Necrotic Wake, Theater of Pain.
- Level 60 Dungeons & Raids: The Other Side, Plaguefall, The Sanguine Depths, Spires of Ascension, and Castle Nathria. Castle Nathria raid set to open December 8, which will also be the start date for World of Warcraft: Shadowlands PvP Season 1.
- Ascend the Tower of the Damned, a dynamic and evolving end-game Dungeon that can be soloed, or tackled with a party of five.
- All races, including Allied Races, can now become Death Knights. Pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Shadowlands enabled this functionality when Patch 8.3.0 went live.
- Reputation requirements for unlocking some Allied Races have been removed.
Level Squish[edit | edit source]
As part of the revamp of the levelling experience, players will have their level altered based upon their current level. The following is a chart that shows the level the players character will emerge at based on their current level<ref>publisher = Wowhead author = RenataKana = accessdate = 2020-10-02 Shadowlands Leveling Changes & Level Squish.:
|Current Level||Post-Squish Level||Current Level||Post-Squish Level||Current Level||Post-Squish Level|
References[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Wowpedia, a Warcraft-encyclopedia
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Features Overview on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Official Release Date Trailer on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Cinematic on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Animated Shorts Trailer on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Bastian Animated Short on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Maldraxxus Animated Short on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Ardenweald Animated Short on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Revendreth Animated Short on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube