World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
|This video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
|World of Warcraft: Shadowlands|
|World of Warcraft|
|World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|
|Microsoft Windows and macOS|
|International Release Date(s)|
|Blizzard Battle.net, Microsoft Windows and macOS|
October 27, 2020
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is the eighth expansion pack for World of Warcraft, announced at BlizzCon 2019 on November 1, 2019. On August 27, 2020, Blizzard revealed that the expansion would be released on October 27 that same year.
Plot[edit | edit source]
|This section contains spoilers! Content within this section may reveal significant parts of a game(s) story.|
Sylvanas Windrunner returns to Icecrown Citadel and confronts the Lich King, now using the body of former Alliance soldier Bolvar Fordragon. Sylvanas incapacitates the Lich King, and removes his helmet, the Helmet of Dominion. In a fit of rage, Sylvanas tears the helmet in two, destroying it. This causes the planar boundary, the Eternal Veil between life and death, to be shattered.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Level squish incoming: All Level 120 players will be squished to Level 50.
- Max level increased from 50 to 60.
- New Level 1-60 levelling experience.
- Level 1-10 starting zones for all races have been updated to take place during Battle for Azeroth. Once the starter zone is completed, players can choose to go back in time to one of the earlier expansions, or continue into Battle for Azeroth and then Shadowlands straight away.
- New Continent: Shadowlands.
- New Zones: Ardenweld, Bastion, Maldraxxus, The Maw, Revendreth.
- New Hub City: Oribos.
- New Reputations: Choose a Covenant; Kyrian, Venthyr, Necrolords, and Night Fae.
- New Dungeons and Raids. All Dungeons will have Heroic, Mythic and Mythic+ difficulties.
- New Levelling Dungeons: Halls of Atonement, Mists of Tirna Scithe, The Necrotic Wake, Theater of Pain.
- Level 60 Dungeons: The Other Side, Plaguefall, The Sanguine Depths, Spires of Ascension, and Castle Nathria.
- Ascend the Tower of the Damned, a dynamic and evolving end-game Dungeon that can be soloed, or tackled with a party of five.
- All races, including Allied Races, can now become Death Knights. Pre-purchasing World of Warcraft: Shadowlands enabled this functionality when Patch 8.3.0 went live.
- Reputation requirements for unlocking some Allied Races have been removed.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Wowpedia, a Warcraft-encyclopedia
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Features Overview on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Official Release Date Trailer on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Cinematic on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Animated Shorts Trailer on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Bastian Animated Short on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Maldraxxus Animated Short on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Ardenweald Animated Short on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Shadowlands Afterlives: Revendreth Animated Short on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube