World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
|World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor|
|World of Warcraft|
|World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria|
|World of Warcraft: Legion|
|Microsoft Windows and macOS|
|International Release Date(s)|
|Microsoft Windows and macOS|
November 13, 2014
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Overview[edit | edit source]
- Level cap raised to 100.
- Free single character boost to Level 90.
- New character models and animations!
- A new world: Draenor. Experience Draenor prior to its shattering.
- Garrisons: Build a foothold in an alien world.
- New dungeons and raids to conquer.
- New talents.
- New Perks to enhance the 90-to-100 levelling experience.
- New mounts and quest rewards.
- Hundreds of new quests.
- New interface for heirlooms and toy/vanity items.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
|This section contains spoilers! Content within this section may reveal significant parts of a game(s) story.|
In the aftermath of the Siege of Orgrimmar, it is decided that Garrosh Hellscream is to be put on trial for his crimes. However, Garrosh escapes, and using magic, travels back in time to Draenor, before the world was torn apart into the shattered remains that became known as Outland. Garrosh prevents the orcs from drinking the blood of Mannoroth, and unites the Old Horde tribes into a new Iron Horde. Garrosh then instructs the Warlocks of this new Iron Horde to build and connect a new Dark Portal in Draenor to the one already present on Azeroth, threatening to unleash a new Horde invasion upon the inhabitants of Azeroth, Horde and Alliance alike.
Notable Characters[edit | edit source]
- Yrel - A young paladin on the path to becoming an Exarch.
- Prophet Velen - Priest; leader of the Draenei.
- Kargath Bladefist - Warchief of the Fel Horde and Chieftain of the Shattered Hand clan.
- Grommash Hellscream - Cheiftain of the Warsong clan; first to drink Mannoroth's blood, binding the Horde to the Burning Legion in the original timeline of Draenor.
- Ner'zhul - Elder Shaman.
- Gul'dan - Shaman of the Shadowmoon clan.
- Orgrim Doomhammer - Member of the Blackrock clan.
- Archmage Khadgar - Regarded as one of the best wizards ever to have existed, he is responsible for providing players with quests for legendary rewards.
Zones[edit | edit source]
- Tanaan Jungle - A dense jungle filled with various wildlife; the introduction to the Draenor storyline begins here, and the player also returns to it later for end-game content.
- Shadowmoon Valley - A dark valley; Alliance starting zone.
- Frostfire Ridge - A frozen wasteland; Horde starting zone.
- Gorgrond - A mountainous region
- Talador - Home of the Draenei.
- Spires of Arak - Scaling mountains with sharp edges; home of the Arrakoa.
- Nagrand - Grassy plains.
- Ashran - War-torn battlefield.
Garrisons[edit | edit source]
One of the most highly anticipated features in Warlords of Draenor is the ability for players to create and manage their own personalized garrison. Within their garrison, players can perform a variety of tasks, such as produce work orders, or send followers out on missions. Players can progressively level up their garrison as they themselves level up. Players can also unlock a shipyard where they can send out fleets of ships for missions; the shipyard is integral if the players wishes to undertake the Legendary quests to acquire their own Legendary Ring.
Ashran[edit | edit source]
Like most expansions beforehand, World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor offers a new open PvP zone, Ashran, directly adjacent to Stormshield. Players will start at their respective faction's base and fight to take control of flags and eventually storm the enemy base and kill their leader. The Battle for Ashran is constant, which means a player can join in and immediately get into the action. When a player or mob dies in Ashran, they drop a unique currency called Artifact Fragments, which are used back at the player's base.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Wowpedia, a Warcraft-encyclopedia
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Cinematic on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Lords of War Animated Shorts Teaser Trailer on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Lords of War Animated Shorts Part One - Kargath on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Lords of War Animated Shorts Part Two - Grommash on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Lords of War Animated Shorts Part Three - Durotan on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Lords of War Animated Shorts Part Four - Kilrogg on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Lords of War Animated Shorts Part Five - Maraad on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube
- Patch 6.2 - Fury of Hellfire Trailer on the Official World of Warcraft Channel on YouTube