Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
|This article needs to be cleaned up. More information may be found in this article's talk page.(January 2009)|
|Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions|
North American PS2 cover art
|GameCube, PlayStation Array and Xbox|
OFLC:M / G8+Xbox
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
The game's then-groundbreaking graphics for the Xbox made it successful for that console. However, the GameCube and PlayStation 2 versions suffered from performance issues and did not sell well.
Story[edit | edit source]
Set in Hong Kong, the player plays as either part of a corrupt police unit attempting to crack down on rival Yakuza operations, or as a pair of spies hired to take down Tiger Takagi, the head of the Hong Kong Yakuza.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Madoka and Mei
One plays as a Japanese female police officer and a Chinese female police officer in the Hong Kong police force paid to hunt selected Yakuza members.
- Ho and Chang
One plays as two goofy Chinese spies working for the Hong Kong crime syndicate to uncover the plots of the Yakuza and take over their operations.
Vehicles: Drive Suped up Police Vehicles,Deadly Spy Vehicles (With implanted rockets)to Garbage Trucks.
Features[edit | edit source]
The game did not specify the name of the location, the list here gives the respective name of the actual location in Hong Kong.
This game maps a significant portion of Hong Kong into the game. Many important landmarks and even some major streets are in the game itself.
- Central and Western District, including Central, Admiralty
- Wan Chai District, including Causeway Bay
- Aberdeen and the floating restaurant
Buildings and Landmarks[edit | edit source]
Hong Kong Island[edit | edit source]
- HSBC Hong Kong headquarters building and Legislative Council building (They are opposite to each other across Cheetah Road, as in reality)
- Convention Centre
- Central-Mid-Levels escalator
Kowloon[edit | edit source]
- Kowloon Park
- Hong Kong Cultural Centre and the clock tower
- Wong Tai Sin Temple (location changed in the game)
- The Peninsula Hong Kong
This game also features a complete score by Brian Transeau.
References[edit | edit source]
- Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions - Story. Activision. Retrieved on 2006-08-18