Xbox Music Mixer
|Xbox Music Mixer|
|Microsoft Game Studios|
|Xbox Controller, Microphone|
|North American Release Date(s)|
December 1, 2003
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
The Xbox Music Mixer is a multimedia accessory/utility developed by Wild Tangent and published by Microsoft Game Studios for the Xbox. The Xbox Music Mixer was released on December 1, 2003. The Xbox Music Mixer allows one to transfer certain types of music and pictures directly from a PC to the Xbox, though this requires a separate install on the computer. The Xbox Music Mixer also allows one to view photos on a TV set and create customized soundtracks to go with the photo slideshow.
Features[edit | edit source]
The Xbox Music Mixer has several different and unique features that turn your Xbox from a gaming console to your home entertainment system.
- Microphone support
- View photos
- Custom Soundtracks
- 2D & 3D visualizations
- On-screen lyrics
- Voice stripping
- Karaoke recording
- Interactive Media Player
- Voice Recording
- Downloadable Content via Xbox Live
- Xbox Live Voice
- Custom Visualizations
- Interactive Visualizations
- Listen to music
- Transfers music and photos from computer (requires Ethernet connection)
- Xbox Key allows you to download more songs from Xboxkaraoke.com
- Xbox Live Aware
- Xbox Exclusive
Accessories[edit | edit source]
The Xbox Music Mixer comes with a few accessories like the microphone that can be used with the Xbox Music Mixer.
- Karaoke Microphone-Lets you sing with the songs you play or create.
- Xbox Key-Lets you create an account for Xbox Karaoke.
- Microphone to Xbox converter (lets you use microphones on the Xbox)
- Xbox Music Mixer In New Package.jpg
An Xbox Music Mixer with Microphone in the original packaging.
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Current status[edit | edit source]
The Xbox Music Mixer is currently no longer sold at retail stores. It is now considered rare and can only be bought online from auction sites such as eBay. Even when sold online, it is still very difficult to find one that still comes with the microphone and even more rare to find someone that is selling a brand new Xbox Music Mixer still in its original packaging. Also, Microsoft no longer produces Xbox Music Mixers anymore. The only thing that Microsoft offers about the Xbox Music Mixer is some information, screen shots, one trailer of it, and links to other sites with information and downloads related to the Xbox Music Mixer. Microsoft still allows you to download the Xbox Music Mixer PC Tool for your computer which will let you transfer your music and photos to the Xbox (Note: all transferring to the Xbox requires an Ethernet connection to the Xbox through your computer).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Xbox Music Mixer was released on December 1, 2003.
- It comes with a karaoke microphone.
- It is Xbox Live ready.
- Music and photos can be uploaded from a computer.
- The Xbox microphone adapter is required to use a microphone.
References[edit | edit source]
- Xbox Music Mixer at Xbox.com (September 24, 2007)
- IGN IGN: Xbox Music Mixer at IGN.com (September 25, 2007)
- GameSpy GameSpy: Xbox Music Mixer at GameSpy.com (September 25, 2007)
- Team Xbox Xbox Music Mixer (Xbox) at games.teamxbox.com (September 25, 2007)
- Game Spot Xbox Music Mixer for Xbox at GameSpot.com (September 27, 2007)