|Subsidiary of RealNetworks|
|Online/Video games developer/publisher|
Zylom is a distributor, developer and publisher of PC-based casual games. Based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, Zylom delivers the casual games throughout 12 countries in Europe. Zylom offers both online and downloadable games through its own direct-to-consumer web site zylom.com, which has more than 300 games to play and download.
On a monthly basis, Zylom offers its games to 13 million unique visitors of whom most are females aged 20 and older. On average, around 300,000 people play Zylom-games at any point in time.
Games[edit | edit source]
Web games at Zylom are free of charge and can be played online unlimitedly. The downloadable versions of games are called Deluxe games. Anyone who registers can download free 60-minute trials of the Deluxe games before purchasing. Zylom also offers a subscription model called FunPass, which allows players to download and play all Deluxe games with no restrictions.
The main genres of the games offered on Zylom are:
- Card games
- Puzzle games
- Word games
- Mahjong games
- 3-in-a-row games
- Hidden Object games
- Board games
All of the games offered by Zylom are fully localized in 8 languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Swedish, Italian and Portuguese). New games are released every week – one web game and three Deluxe games. Since April 2009, Zylom also releases 4 English games a week on their US- and UK-websites, prior to their localized release.
RealGames[edit | edit source]
In 2008, Zylom was officially renamed RealGames. This name change is only on official level however; the game portal website has kept the name of Zylom.
Zylom Studios / GameHouse Studios Eindhoven[edit | edit source]
Zylom Studios is the in-house development studio of Zylom, who are responsible for best-sellers like the Delicious-series and Pastry Passion. After Zyloms merger with RealGames, the studio continued under the brand of GameHouse, becoming the second GameHouse studio, GameHouse Studios Eindhoven, next to the one in Seattle.
Games[edit | edit source]
- Mahjongg Fortuna
- Shangri La
- Mahjong Fortuna 2
- Text Express
- The Legend of El Dorado
- Pastime Puzzles
- Text Express 2
- Safari Island
- Delicious - July 2006
- Delicious 2 - June 2007
- Shangri La 2
- Hotel Mahjong
- Sunset Studio Deluxe
- Mirror Magic Deluxe
- Pastry Passion - 2008
- Delicious - Emily's Tea Garden - September 27, 2008
- Delicious - Emily's Taste of Fame - June 1, 2009
- Campfire Legends - The Hookman - October 14, 2009
- Delicious - Holiday Season - November, 2009
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2004 – Rising Star Award
- 2005 – Website of the Year in Germany and United Kingdom (games & entertainment category)
- 2006 – Website of the Year in Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands (games & entertainment category).
- 2006 - According to Deloitte Technology Fast 500 ranking, Zylom is the fastest growing media/entertainment company in 2006.
- 2007 - Website of the Year in Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands (games & entertainment category).
- 2008 - Website of the Year in United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands (games & entertainment category).
References[edit | edit source]
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a Stub. You can help by adding to it.|