Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Subsidiary of Ubisoft|
|[[Ground Control series|
World in Conflict]]
Ubisoft Massive (formerly Massive Entertainment) is a Swedish video game company based in Malmö, Sweden. The company is fully owned by Ubisoft. They are best known for the Ground Control series of real-time tactics video games. They were acquired by Vivendi Universal in 2002. Their latest release was World in Conflict, which has been described in interviews on the company's official website as a further development of the real-time tactics gameplay formula from the Ground Control games, but set in our world, during the late Cold War. It has also been described as being the largest project for Massive Entertainment so far, with a huge budget. The game was released on September 18, 2007 and won wide critical acclaim, including nominations for one of the best games of 2007.
On August 6, Activision Blizzard put up Massive Entertainment for sale after reorganizations within the company after the merger of Activision and Vivendi Games. On November 10, 2008, Ubisoft acquired Massive Entertainment.
In March 2009, former CEO Martin Walfisz left Ubisoft Massive.
Games[edit | edit source]
- Ground Control (2000 - PC)
- Ground Control: Dark Conspiracy (2000 - PC)
- Ground Control II: Operation Exodus (2004 - PC)
- World in Conflict (2007 - PC)
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault (2009 - PC)
References[edit | edit source]
- Jason Ocampo (2008-08-06). Massive Sell Off. IGN. Retrieved on 2008-08-06
- Ubisoft Acquires Massive Entertainment. Retrieved on 2008-08-06
- Matt Martin. Massive Entertainment founder leaves studio. gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved on 2009-07-13